Jackson Hospital is a key advocate for community health by actively participating in planning and strategy meetings and periodic community health needs assessments with the Health Department of Jackson County (FL) taking lead and publishing assessment results.
Jackson Hospital joins forces with a diverse group of health, governmental, faith-based, social service, business, educational, civic, and community-based organization leaders to form the Jackson County Community Health Partnership. This partnership, championed by the Florida Department of Health in Jackson County, completed a comprehensive county-wide Community Health Assessment (2019) with a mission to promote, protect, and improve the health of all people in Jackson County. A Community Health Assessment is a collaborative process involving community partners to identify strengths, capacity, and opportunity to better address the many determinants of health. Through this process a number of strategic health objectives that provide opportunities for improvement in Jackson County were identified. These objectives include:
- Reduce communicable disease and infectious rate in Jackson County
- Increase availability of healthcare services access in Jackson County
- Incorporate certified vocational training in the Jackson County High School curriculum
Jackson Hospital continues to look for ways to help with this initiative through our vision “To be the best community healthcare system in the nation.”
Jackson Hospital has developed an Implementation Strategy using the current Community Health Needs Assessment:
- Flu and Pneumonia vaccinations are provided to all patients as well as employees.
- All reportable diseases/infections are communicated to the Department of Health in Jackson County.
- Adding a fourth Pediatrician.
- Expanded OB services by adding a Certified Nurse Midwife.
- Recruiting an Ear Nose and Throat doctor.
- Currently seeking an Internal Medicine doctor.
- Services expanded to include Infusion and Interventional Radiology.
- Diabetes Education classes for patients and the public offered monthly.
- Parkinson’s disease support group/education classes offered monthly.
- Pursuing certification as Stroke-capable facility.
- Facilitate clinical rotations for Marianna High School’s Certified Nursing Assistant program.
- Assist Jackson County high school students with shadowing opportunities throughout the hospital.