Why would I need price information?
We find that more people are calling with questions about how much certain procedures cost. This is a result of an increase in high deductible health plans or health savings accounts in which patients have direct responsibility for their health care costs. Having access to a price estimate will enable you to understand your potential total out of pocket cost so you are prepared and know what payment to expect in advance of a procedure.
What is an estimated average price?
- The price is an average payment range for self-pay, insured and uninsured patients and will differ from the actual charges on your bill.
- It is calculated from the average price from the most recent calendar year of the most common inpatient admissions, surgical and diagnostic procedures.
- Our fees will not include specialists, anesthesiologists, pathologists, and radiologists. Your personal physician or other physicians providing you with services related to your hospital stay or visit will bill you separately.
What is the amount I owe if I have health insurance?
The amount you may owe depends on the benefits of your insurance plan. If you have health insurance, you may call our representatives for a good faith estimate at (850) 718-2647 or (850) 718-2816; 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM; Monday through Friday.
Please have the following items ready prior to calling our price quote line:
- Description of services needed—we will need to know as much information as possible about the specific services as described by your physician.
- Type of Services needed—we need to know if you will be admitted to the hospital as an inpatient overnight, or if you are expected to be treated on an outpatient basis.
- Physician/Specialist Name—example, if you are having surgery, we will want to know the surgeon’s name.
- Your Insurance Card—please have your card available.
- Your Deductible, Coinsurance, Out-of-Pocket Max and Copay amounts.
- Policyholder’s Personal Information—it is possible that the insurance company will want us to verify the Social Security Number and date of birth of the person who is named as the primary insurance policy holder.
During your call, we will attempt to verify your specific insurance benefits to provide the most accurate representation of your estimated financial obligation based on your specific coverage.
If you would like to access your insurance carrier website(s) for pricing estimate(s) click on the applicable link below:
*****All of the above websites require patient and/or insured to register as a member or login and follow the prompts.
** If you would like to compare our charges to other hospitals/Ambulatory Surgery Centers (FL Health Finder.gov) Click here.