At a family cookout, Janie Nolen said her world turned upside down when her granddaughter, Mabry, began coughing up blood after taking a bite of chicken.
The family rushed Mabry to Jackson Hospital Emergency Room where doctors used high-tech imaging and found the problem: a piece of wire from the grill brush. Mabry needed emergency surgery to remove it from her esophagus.
“Everyone at Jackson Hospital especially those in the Emergency Room, Surgery, and Recovery, took such good care of Mabry. We could not have asked for better service,” explained Janie. “They did not leave her side – they made sure she was okay. We greatly appreciate all of them,” she said.